Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Still Like to Pretend

One of my favorite things to do is read Little House on The Prairie books or watch the T.V. series. I am so inspired by the way they lived and the simplicity of their life. It was so uncomplicated. When I was a child I would get so lost in my head pretending that I was Laura Ingalls. Now that I am an adult I still pretend but now I pretend to be Caroline Ingalls. I find myself out in my garden with a bug problem or dealing with tomato blight asking myself "What would Caroline do?" That leads to an entire day of me just pretending that I am her and it inspires me to bake homemade bread or tend to the mending. I guess you could say that she is my hero. I do still like to be Laura and wear my hair in braids and go fishing. I am passing on that love to my kids too. We are planning a pioneer day where we try to live like pioneers would. I plan on cheating and waiting for cooler weather etc. I do need to get some sort of oil lamp to use at night too. We have also talked about making our own beeswax candles to use. I am blind at night though and need a lot of light to see. I would love to have a wood cook stove. We will probably look over a fire during our travel back in time. It will be nice though because it will give me a good excuse to turn off the t.v. for a while. I do hate that noise from that thing. I guess that means I will have to do without a computer for a while hmmmm I wonder if I can do it..

I think I am seeing flannel nightgowns in my future...

No comments: